MY FIRST JOURNEY BY TRAIN

 MY FIRST JOURNEY BY TRAIN


It is our nature to have a fancy of travelling and usually all of us don’t want to stay at a place for a long period of time. We all are fond of exploring new and different things. There are basically three ways of travelling – roadway, waterway and airway.

It was summer season. It is the season of a popular festival named Raksha Bandhan. I have one brother and one elder sister. My elder sister was studying in Rama University at Kanpur. She was not able to visit home for more than a couple of years because of her regular classes. So, this time we decided to surprise her by visiting Kanpur. She was staying in hostel which was inside the boundary of that university.

To surprise my sister, I along with my father, mother and brother had to make a train journey from Jogbani to Kanpur. It was my first train journey. Therefore, I was on pins and needles with excitement. We reached the station earlier so that we could get good and comfortable seats. There was a long queue in the ticket counter. Somehow, my father bought the tickets of sleeper class. After an hour train arrived. Then, we got into the compartment and occupied our seats. In a few minutes, the train left for its destination.

As we had got our seats in sleeper class, we were able to sleep also. We enjoyed the natural scenes and sights outside by sitting near the window. We were able to watch the view of sunset while enjoying the tea. Every time a tea vendor arrived, I would call him and buy some snacks for us. A train journey can never be compared with any other journey. We could eat whatever we want just to satisfy our cravings. When the train stops, I and my brother would rush to a food stall and eat different foods of our choice and we also bought some foods for mom and dad. The train passed through villages, forests, rivers, etc. This made the train journey so beautiful as we were able to meet nature very closely.

We really enjoyed the journey. At last, the train reached Kanpur. We got down and booked the cab. After that, the cab headed towards the Rama University. My sister was on top of the world after seeing us there. Inside the university, there was a separate house to stay for some days when family members came to visit their son or daughter studying in that university. Then, we reached that house. We ate food and went to the market to buy some raakhis and sweets. The next day we celebrated Raksha Bandhan. I and my brother gave some gifts to our sister. We were able to celebrate this festival with our sister after a long period of time. I cannot forget the
memory of that train journey.

Author Detail

Karan Mehta

I am Karan Mehta, born in 2005 AD in Inaruwa, Nepal. I had completed my secondary level education at Arniko Awasiya College.

Stay Connected with us. We will love to see your comments. Never miss out on future posts by following us» 

Post a Comment

0 Comments